If you like a free-spirited style for your maternity photoshoot, boho maternity dresses would be a good choice.
Types of Maternity Photoshoot Dresses and Gowns
- Slim Fit Maternity Dresses: Go for these maternity photoshoot dresses to flatter your figure and show off your body curves and growing bump. They are often made from stretchy materials like spandex, so they are form-fitting, and comfort-yielding.
- Off-the-Shoulder Maternity Dresses: These dresses for maternity photoshoot feature a neckline that sits just off the shoulders, thus adding a touch of femininity to your outfit.
- Rainbow Style Maternity Gowns: These maternity gowns for photoshoot feature multiple colors in a rainbow pattern. Being fun and playful, they are perfect for a maternity photoshoot or a baby shower.
- Tulle Maternity Gowns: These gowns for maternity photoshoots feature a tulle skirt, which creates a flowing and romantic look. Pregnant women can wear them for their special photoshoot events.
- Open-front Maternity Gowns: These pregnancy gowns for photo shoots feature an open-front that showcases your growing belly or baby bump. They’re often made from lightweight, flowy fabrics like chiffon or silk. So, they can be dressed up or down depending on the need of your event.
- Lace Maternity Gowns: These maternity photoshoot gowns feature delicate lace detailing to add a touch of elegance and femininity to your pregnancy outfit. They’re a perfect choice for your formal events or maternity photoshoots.
- Bell Sleeve Maternity Dresses: These maternity photoshoot dresses feature sleeves that flare out at the bottom, creating a beautiful bell shape. They’re a trendy and fashionable option that adds a unique touch to your outfit.
- Spring/Summer Maternity Dresses: These photoshoot clothes are light and breezy, so they are perfect for warmer weather. These maternity garments often feature floral prints and pastel colors, and they are made from lightweight fabrics like cotton or linen.
- Fall/Winter Maternity Gowns: These gowns for maternity photoshoots are typically made from heavier fabric materials like velvet or wool, and are designed to keep you warm during cooler months. They often have darker colors, longer hemlines, and well-structured designs.
- Flowy Maternity Photoshoot Dresses: These loose and comfortable pregnancy photoshoot dresses are designed to accommodate your growing baby bump of pregnant girls. As the very name suggests, they feature a flowing fabric that drapes over your body and provides a relaxed fit. They are available in lots of styles, sizes (lengths) and colors.
- Printed & Patterned Maternity Dresses: If you have a taste for prints or patterns such as stripes, floral, or geometric designs, choose these maternity dresses for your memorable maternity photo session. Made from different materials, they come in a variety of styles, including maxi, midi, mini, deep scoop, and knitted dresses. They can add some personality to your maternity wardrobe.
- Short-Sleeve Maternity Gowns: The short sleeves of these maternity photo session dresses provide some coverage and highlight your femininity. They are made from different materials, such as satin, chiffon, cotton, and lace. Also, thery are available in several colors and styles.
- Long-Sleeve Maternity Gowns: Similar to short-sleeve dresses, these are formal dresses for elegant maternity photoshoots. Their long sleeves provide more coverage. You can customize for lengths, colors, and styles.
- Baby Shower Maternity Gowns with Mini Train: These are gowns designed for maternity photoshoots and other special events, like baby showers. They often feature a mini train, which is a short extension of fabric that drapes behind your pregnancy dress.
FAQs about Maternity Dresses
Which dress is best for maternity photoshoot?
The best dress for a maternity photoshoot is one that makes the mom-to-be feel comfortable and confident. Flowy and form-fitting dresses are popular choices, as they accentuate the baby bump while still being comfortable to wear. Maxi dresses, off-shoulder dresses, and dresses with lace or tulle details are also great options for a maternity photoshoot.
What week of pregnancy should you take maternity photos?
The ideal time to take maternity photos is between 28 to 36 weeks of your pregnancy. This is when the baby bump is usually visibly round, but the mother-to-be is not yet too uncomfortable to pose for extended periods. Nevertheless, there is no hard and fast rule, and some pregnant women choose to have their maternity photo sessions earlier or later depending on their personal preference.
What is the best color to wear for maternity pictures?
When it comes to colors for maternity photo sessions, it’s best to choose soft and neutral tones that complement your skin tone and don’t distract from your growing baby bump. Pastels like blush pink, mint green, and powder blue are popular choices. Meanwhile, you can also go for earthy tones like beige, ivory, and taupe. Similarly, black and white colors can also be used for a classic and timeless look during your memorabl photo session.
What month is best for maternity photoshoot?
While many pregnant women prefer spring for their photoshoot, the best month for your maternity photoshoot depends on your personal preference and the location. Outdoor photo sesstions during the fall or spring can provide a beautiful backdrop with blooming flowers. However, indoor pregnancy photoshoots can be done at any time of the year and provide more flexibility in terms of lighting and setting. It’s also important to consider the mom-to-be’s comfort and other preferences when scheduling the maternity photoshoot.